The Federation of Electric Power Companies of Japan (FEPC) fully recognizes the importance of protecting personal information. This page describes how we collect, use and protect your personal information, which applies when we request you, the customer, to provide personal information on a website operated and managed by FEPC.
Please note that if you do not wish to provide personal information, you may choose not to do so. However, in such a case our website may not allow you to use certain services.
1.What is Personal Information?
In order to provide you with information, FEPC may sometimes require you to provide your name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, email address and other personal information.
2.Collecting Personal Information
When we ask you to provide personal information, we clearly explain in advance how we will use it on the page where we collect that information.
We will use any personal information you provide solely for the stated purpose. We will not use it for any other purpose without your consent.
3.Managing Personal Information
We take measures to safely manage and protect the personal information provided to prevent it from being leaked, lost, damaged or illegally accessed.
When we ask you to provide personal information, we make utmost effort to protect it through the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, the transmission of information based on the secret key of the public key cryptosystem, and the management of information under nondisclosure agreements in order to prevent unauthorized access by a third party.
4.Sharing Personal Information with Trusted Third Parties
FEPC will not provide the personal information it collects to third parties except where:
- We have obtained the customer's consent;
- We request supporting firms, affiliates and outsourcees, with whom we have signed nondisclosure agreements about personal information, to handle this personal information to the extent needed to achieve the stated purpose (such as to deliver a prize to winning customers);
- We have processed the personal information into statistical data by which customers cannot be identified (such as the number of contestants in a prize contest by age group);
- The information is needed to protect people's life, body or property even though circumstances make it difficult to obtain the customer's prior consent; or
- Disclosure of the information is required by the police, a court or laws and ordinances but obtaining the customer's prior consent is likely to hinder the related office work.
5.Disclosing or Correcting Personal Information
If you wish to disclose, correct, delete or suspend the use of the personal information that FEPC has collected, you can contact our liaison office. After we have confirmed your identity, the said personal information will be disclosed, corrected or deleted from our database within a reasonable period of time.
From time to time FEPC may revise this Private Policy. A revision, if any, of the personal information handling standards at the website managed and operated by FEPC will be posted on this site.
The personal information we receive through such inquiries will be used solely for answering the particular inquiry and will be destroyed after the inquiry has been answered.